Monday, July 26, 2010

RAZ turns 1!


One year, were has it gone?. It seems like Raz has been in our family forever, but it feels like the year has gone by in a blink of of an eye. I feel very blessed. Having Raz in our family is a privilege. It seemed crazy to want another baby when the twins were barely one themselves. Everyone told me so, (and they still do.... I'm talking to you, "strangers in the grocery store"! Don't look at me like that, I'm 27 for crying out loud, and YES I do know about birth-control!!! go eat a bagel!!). So here we are 3 boys, 21 months aparts. Exactly as busy as the numbers add up to. But where the twins were a rude awaking to parenthood, Raz has been nothing but a little baby all year. Always ready to cuddle, always looking little and chunky next to his ever growing brothers, who seem so long and stretched next to his stout frame. An easy temperment and fearless determination to fit in, keep up, and take all the punches in the face, kicked out of the bed, slammed in the door injuries that accompany that. Smiling on the other side and ready for more. He has brought into our lives, a measure of joy that can only be described as a blessing. We love you Raz.

I wasn't planning on doing much for his first birthday, just dinner with Ben, Jesse and Esme but found out that Shaw's were coming to town and quickly changed our plans. We had a double roast dinner with creamed veggies, roasted potatoes, gravy, Cesar salad and the best Jello salad. That was just dinner. For dessert we had a apple/blueberry crumble, mini cupcakes and a small cake just for Raz to dig into- plus other kids.


2 comments:

  1. He's getting so big Heather! LOVE that little guy! Can't wait to spend some more time with him someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy! Reed and I were just saying that any time you have more than 2 kids you tend to get looks - now that it is obvious that I am expecting we have had a few of those, although I have sometimes wondered if it is because of the number of my children, the spacing of my children or the rowdiness of my children. I think some people just don't like people who have children. Their loss. Reed takes flak at work for the fact that we are going to have a "huge" family :) I imagine yours is worse though since yours are closer together. Try and take it as a compliment that they think your only 19 with 3 kids:)
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete